Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Let them be little

So I am one of those moms that is guilty of wanting to make my childs "projects" perfect by doing it myself but I have learned they definitely enjoy it more if you will allow them to do  it themselves.  One thing I have learned is I like to do 2 at a time one for me and one for Zane to follow along and do all by himself.  It may not look perfect but the satisfaction he gets from knowing "me did it" is what its all about.  I usually post pics of the things that I have done for examples so today I thought I would share a "mine" & "his" letter F picture from last week.  He does pretty well if I do say so myself. What I like to do is step by step.  When we are doing our work I usually plan ahead and have everything already cut out.  I use it as a learning time.  I place his pieces on a plate in front of him and I sit acroos and place my on a similar plate.  If we are gluing then I give him a glue stick and let him mock each thing that I do.  It also helps him to learn parts and use his creative mind as well.  Just a little tip I thought I would share.  Remember to have fun with these projects or they WILL get bored and not want to participate:)

1 comment:

  1. I can relate so much to your tendency to want to "do it" for the kids. Even with my older kids, I have to restrain not to put too much help into reports and projects. Let them be little... very good advice!

    ReplyDelete