Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Messy Kitchen

Do you ever wish you would have never baked because of the mess you have made???  Well we have a tradition in our house that our boys get to make their own family cake on their actual birthday and get to decorate it themselves.  Well honestly usually I bake it and once cooled they decorate it.  Well my 11 year old just baked his 1st cake all by himself and the kitchen was spotless(well almost) when he finished.  I thought I would share a few of these keys with you.

1. Make sure you have a super clean surface to begin with.  (I mean who wants to eat dinner on a dirty plate?  Thats how I feel about a clean kitchen.  I dont want to eat from it unless its clean.)

2. Pull out all ingredients and measuring cups you will be using to make your dish prior to baking.

3. As you use each ingredient, put that item away.( a tip my mom always told me)

4. By your last ingredient, the only thing you should have out is your bowl or dish and utensils.(and of course your mixing bowls & measuring cups in the sink which are soaking in water and can be put in dishwasher in about 2 minutes.

These steps might take add an extra 5 minutes if that to your prep time but it sure as heck beats the nasty 30 minute clean up that usually comes along:)

Just a few tips from a busy mom!  Happy Cooking:)

No comments:

Post a Comment