Thursday, May 19, 2011

"E"arth Rice Crispie Treats

 I found this cute recipe online and so in keeping with our letter "E" study this week Zane and I tried it  out this morning.  They turned out really cute so I thought I would share.  Would make a perfect treat for and Earth Day event.
Earth Crispies
1/4 cup margarine ( I did use the fat free spray butter just measured out for a lower fat recipe)
1 bag miniature marshmallows
1/2 tsp. vanilla
6 cups rice krispies
green and blue food coloring

Melt margarine and marshmallows over medium heat in a large pot, stir in vanilla and Rice Krispies.  
 
Divide into two bowls
 
Add green food coloring to one bowl and blue food coloring to the second then stir completely until all coloring is mixed in.
 
If the child is a little older then allow them to take a scoop from the blue bowl and a scoop from the green bowl and mash them together in a ball (the earth).With Zane being so small I made them myself and saved a BIG mess lol.  Just a tip when rolling your treats up, butter your hands so they dont stick and are more shapeable. 
 
Set the balls aside until completely cool. (I put them in the fridge to set up)

No comments:

Post a Comment