Monday, May 9, 2011

Letter D


I have been a little behind on posting activities that Zane & I are doing so thought I would continue with our Letter D.  We worked on D last week a little but we had a very buisy week so we are sticking to the same letter this week in order to get it:)  This week I have several activities planned.  Today we made a Doggie Puppet out of a lunch bag.  Very simple and only required a brown sack, glue, and red & black construction paper.  I also cut out several D's and let Zane glue them on a paper.  Just a little visual reinforcement of the letter.  This week we are going to be painting and decorating donuts, playing with Dinosaurs out in the sand, and making some duck crafts.  Hopefully by the end of the week we will nail down the D.  Many people ask how am I teaching him these letters and its simple.  We do at least 1 craft a day with the letter.  We focus on eating snacks the whole week starting with the letter as well as reading books and pointing out the letter we are working on.  We only spend about an hour in the mornings working on these lettters however I make sure to point out letters throughout the day when we see them.  We are having lots of fun:)  One thing I have found is we are only working on upper case right now.  I have found its easier to grasp one at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment