Sunday, May 1, 2011

Breakfast Crossiants

Have you ever gotten up in the mornings and had nothing for breakfast?  This is what happened at our house this morning after being gone the past week so I looked at what I had and came up with a pretty scrumptious crossiant so I thought I would share(especially since Cody ate 5 of them they must of been pretty tastey )
 
Half in cinnamon & sugar
Half in Chocolate Chips


Cinnamon Sugar
Roll crossiant up as normal then brush butter over entire crossiant then roll in cinnamon & sugar mix

Chocolate Chip
Roll several chips up in a crossiant then pinch the sides closed.  Brush with butter then sprinkle with powdered sugar. 

Bake both together on a baking sheet until browned.  (I use a baking stone so it took almost 20 minutes to brown)  You can also brush egg white over them before baking for that fluffy pastry finish(i was just out of eggs so I used butter)

Remove and serve:)

No comments:

Post a Comment