Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Egg Shell Art

So the letter "E" has been fairly boring.  Besides Elmo, Elephants, & eggs, their are not many things that start with the letter E that Zane recognizes.  We did, however, find a fun craft to do .  Although it took a little prep work it turned out great.  we started it yesterday(or should I say I started it yesterday).  I boiled 7 eggs then let them cool completely.  Once cooled I removed the shells from the eggs and placed them crumbled up in 2 cups.  I then added water & food coloring to dye the egg shells 2 different colors.
We kept it simple and just went with 2 colors, however you could do more or less or even NOT color them and use them plain white.  I then let them soak in the color for about an hour then removed them and place them on 2 plates so the could dry overnight.

Once they dry you can crumble them a little more.  I then drew a Large letter E on a piece of construction paper then I poured glue all on the inner lines of the E.  Zane then put all the egg shells in the letter and it turned out really nice.  He enjoyed it. By having the glue on the inner sides only it didnt matter where he put the shells becuase I just shook it off once dried and they stayed where the glue had been. (Just a side note.....instead of wasting your hard boiled eggs I chose to make some tuna salad with them as well as a few deviled eggs for our dinner:)  Defintily a fun craft to do.  Here is our finished product.



No comments:

Post a Comment