Thursday, April 21, 2011

C if for Cross


Since Easter is just 3 days away I decided to incorporate a little bible lesson in with our letter C today.  We made a cross.  I cut a cross out of construction paper then let Zane paint all on his own.  I decided to place the  painted cross on a piece of paper and I always like to label what we made just to reinerate the letter we are working on currently.  Dont be scared to allow your kids to play with paint or playdough. I know you may be nervous about giving your child a paint brush and paint so here is a tip for you....I keep a small kids table and cover it with old newspaper.  I put the paint on a paper plate and instead of brushes I give Zane q-tips.  He seems to be able to manage these a little better.  The table is also very handy for playdough fun or anything that is gonna get messy.  Now keep in mind you want to keep this on a surface such as hardwood or tile.  You dont want to take a chance of a spill on carpet.  Simple easy fun for you and your child to play together creatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment