Friday, August 28, 2020

Boiled Cabbage

As a Southern Girl you might be surprised to here that I am NOT a fan of boiled cabbage.However, my husband loves it. I decided to perfect a recipe that would knock his socks off and compliment his bowl of pintos an cornbread.  I would like to state that my husband enjoys everything I usually cook but for the first time ever my husband said its the BEST hes ever had.  I thought I would share :



  1.  Cut Cabbage removing the hard stem. Slice each quarter into 1-inch wide strips.
  2.  In a large pot, add 2 tbsp butter, 2 TBSP olive oil, 1/2 tea. seasoning salt, 1/2 teas salt & pepper, & cabbage.
  3. Stir in 2 cups of chicken broth and mix until coated.
  4. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover and reduce heat to medium low.
  5. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until cabbage is tender. Do not overcook.

No comments:

Post a Comment