Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Caramel Chocolate Chip bars

So last night I was doing what I like todo best ...baking, when I ran across a box of Caramel Cake mix in my cabinet.  Not sure how long it had been there because I cant remember buying it but I decided to check out the date and see. It was still good:)  I thought "I wonder if there are any good recipes I could make with this " when I looked on the side f the box and bingo there it was...Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars...yummy:)  So I decided to give it a try and lets just say they are delicious with such a different taste so I thought I would share even if its not MY recipe. We all like new things so here it is give it a whirl:)

1 Package Duncan Hines Caramel Cake Mix
2 Large Eggs
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup softened butter
1 cup of chocolate chips


Mix cake mix, eggs, water, brown sugar, and butter until thoroughly blended then stir in chocolate chips.  Pour into a 13x9 greased pan(batter is thick).  bake on 375 for 24-27 minutes.  Cool Completely cut and serve.  You can put icing on these as well but I just left them as a brownie bar and they were perfect:)

No comments:

Post a Comment