Thursday, June 23, 2011

The secert to making Green Beans that actually taste yummy:)

Green Beans are one of those "green" veggies that for me HAVE to be cooked perfect in order for me to eat them and actually enjoy the taste of them.  I have cooked my beans many ways over the years and have FINALLY perfected the taste that not only I enjoy but my boys love them as well.  Whether you are cooking fresh canned green beans or good ol store bought green beans...here are a couple of tips for you that will turn your crunchy no taste beans into a bean full of flavor(and soft).  The below instructions are for 2 cans of beans.

 Cover your Green Beans completely with water.  Add 2 Tablesppons of butter(which I always use the fat free spray so I just spray until there is a nice coating of yellow in the water).  Then add Lawrys seasoning salt (about 1-2 Tablespoon depending on the amount your cooking).  Cook your beans on high until the start boiling then turn to Medium high.  Continue to boil down for a couple of hours.  You do want to remember to keep an eye on them because you will need to continue adding water(enough to cover) to them as they continue to boil.  I like to cook mine for about 2-3 hours until the texture of the beans are nice and soft(not crispy still).   The longer you cook them the softer the become. 

If you or your kids are not Green Bean lovers I encourage you to try cooking them this way and you will be amazed at the difference in the taste and flavor:)

No comments:

Post a Comment