Thursday, July 28, 2011

Delicious low fat Chicken

Like so many of you, I love to make Chicken. I grill it, bake it, put it in the Crock Pot, but I thought I would share my families favorite Chicken recipe that I make.  It is also my favorite because not only does it taste delicious but it is cooked completely low fat without any oils.  So I thought I would share this simple(yet slow cooking) recipe.

First you want to cut your Chicken up into small bite sized pieces.
Next you want to spray your pan with pam(I use the Olive Oil spray) then I pour a bottle of fat free Italian Dressing into my pan along with my chicken. I cook on Medium high for the 1st 15 minutes then turn it back to Medium. As the dressing starts to cook down add water a cup at a time until Chicken is cooked thoroughly. 
The chicken when finished cooking will have un unbelievable carmelized glaze on it that is out of this world. It usually takes almost 45 minutes of so to cook completely.  ( I had taken a picture of it but for some reason it didnt show up so next time I make it I will post an updated completed picture of the chicken. )When I cook this dish my son Cody always asks "mom I can tell your making my favorite chicken arent you?" because it smells unbelievable.

I loke to make this on a Monday and serve it over a nice salad of choice.  My favorite way to do it is cut all my veggies up and place them in a safe sealed container so we can eat off of the salad the rest of the week and my guys can make their salads as they like them.
Just a little hint with your lettuce. When you have cut it up and placed it in your storage container if you place a paper towel folded insde the lid it will absorb all the moisture and your salad keeps longer.

~Enjoy and as always please let me know if you have questions~

No comments:

Post a Comment