Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Heres is my version of the yummy Parmesand Crusted Chicken that has been posted  on Pinterest recently.  I read this recipe and immediately decided it was one I wanted to try.  Mayo, Chicken, and Parmesan....yummy:))) This recipe was so simple and literally took about 5 minutes to prep and looks like you spent and hour on it. My 11 year old told me it was his favorite dish that I had made so anytime your kids like it as well then I count it a big success.

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Ingredients
Chicken Breast (rinsed and patted dry)
1/2 cup Mayo(I used light to cut back on calories)
1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder(I used garlic salt instead)
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil (i used 1/2 tsp)
1/2 sleeve of Ritz crackers (once again I used the reduced fat Ritz crackers)


Mix Mayo & Parmesan Cheese together in a mixing bowl.

Pat Chicken dry and spread Mayo mix on each piece. (note I had 6 pieces so they were touching each other so I could fit them all  in one dish)

Next crush your crackers in a bowl and had remaining seasonings. Mix well then add to chicken. Sprinkle on top then pat into chicken.  Spray a little butter on top(I use a little parkay spray but this is optional).

Bake on 425 for 20 minutes. (note Cooking time will vary depending on the size of your Chicken.  Mine were the thinly sliced pieces so took a little less time than a regular size breast would take).
I cheated and instead of making some homemade pasta I used the Pasta Roni which is very quick and easy and goes perfecctly with the chicken.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment