Thursday, March 8, 2012

Applewood Marinaded Pork Roast

A friend of my husband is quite the chef so when he brought a pork roast to work one evening my husband came home and said "you have to get that recipe".  I will be honest I am NOT a huge pork fan so I rarely make anything pork for dinner except bbq.  So I decided to give this recipe a try and it was delicious to say the least.  This is definitely a must try for you and I WILL be having it more often since both my boys loved it as well.

Pork Roast

Ingredients:
Pork Roast (I used a large one I picked up at Walmart for only $12.00. )
Stubbs Pork Marinade
Applewood Rub (by grill mates)
Creole Seasoning
Turkey Roasting bag


Take a large 2 prong fork and poke holes in your Pork.  Pour entire bottle of marinade over it and cover . Place in refridgerater overnight to marinade. 

The next day remove from fridge and place in turkey roasting bag.  Rub the Applewood Rub on it while in the bag on top and bottom.  Sprinkle a small amount of Creole Sseasoning on roast.  Then pour the excess left over marinade over pork and tie bag.  Bake on 350 for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.(be careful to not over bake it so it doesnt dry out)


Remove from oven and untie bag.  Place in serving dish and pour the au jus from bag covering pork.  Slice and serve.

I will tell you this tend to be a little on the spicey side so if you dont like spice then replace your Stubbs marinade with Teriyaki and you will still get the same great tast without the spice I'm told.

Thanks David for this fabulous recipe.  We LOVED it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment