Thursday, September 1, 2011

Beef & Cheese Pizza Casserole

So here is the Pizza Casserole many of you have asked for.  I have always made my pizza casserole with Pepperoni but I decided to give this one a twist.  I did google several recipes and kind of combined them to this one.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
1 small onion chopped finely(I used Onion salt instead of an onion for my boys)
Italian seasoning
1/4 cup of flour
Pasta sauce of choice ( I used Bertolinni tomatoe & basil 24 oz. however the basil was a bit strong I would probably use a different flavor next time)
1 block mozzarella cheese
parmesean cheese
1 can Pillsbury refrigerated pizza crust
oil(I prefer Olive)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Brown ground beef along with onion, salt, pepper, 2 tbsp. italtian seasoning. Drain and add flour until blended. Add sauce and stir until bubbly. Remove from heat and pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish. 
Sprinkle and even amount of mozzarella & Parmesean cheese over mixture.

Roll your pizza crust out(I press it out on a floured cutting board to get it strecthed out to the right length then place on top of your casserole.

Brush the top with a little oil then sprinkle more of both cheeses covering the entire top.  Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until your crust is golden( keep and eye out so you dont over cook it) 
Slice and serve *note the crust is tough to cut so you will need to use a knife)( I apologize for not posting a finished picture of it but I forgot to take one we were so eager to dig in and try it out lol)

Enjoy and as always please let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment